I know I am not the only one who gets bored of having the same breakfast everyday. So instead of regular oatmeal I decided to try making an oatmeal bake. Still the same ingredients, filling and healthy but in a different shape! Even though the recipe is very simple and quick, baking takes some time so if you are in a hurry on weekdays – make it for a weekend breakfast. Also you can prep it and reheat it the next day or slice it into bars for snacks.
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups plant-based milk
- 3 tbsp peanut butter
- 3 tsp maple syrup or other sweetener
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- a handful of chopped strawberries or other berries
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Mix the dry (oats, baking powder, salt) and wet (milk, peanut butter and maple syrup) ingredients in separate bowls. Pour the wet ingredient mix into the dry ones and mix well.
- Pour the batter into a baking dish, cover the top with chocolate chips and berries.
- Bake for 35 – 40 minutes. Then take it out of the oven and let cool a bit.
- I served with fresh strawberries, more peanut butter and vegan yoghurt.