Still need a quick appetizer for your Christmas dinner? These hand pies will come together in just minutes!
- 1 package (400g) puff pastry
- around 1 cup sauerkraut (Use your favorite, mine is with lots of carraway seeds)
- around 1 1/2 cup roughly chopped mushrooms (I recommend using flavorful mushrooms such as chanterelles or portobello but regular button mushrooms will work as well)
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- salt and pepper
- few tbsp plant-based milk or oil
- Leave the puff pastry to thaw at room temperature for 2-3 hours.
- Fry the mushrooms with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Roll out the puff pastry a bit more and divide it into squares of desired size.
- Add some filling on the square, then fold it in half to make a triangle. Close the sides with a fork and poke a few holes on top too.
- When all of the pies are done, cover them with a bit of milk or oil for them to brown better.
- Bake at 180° for 12 – 14 minutes.